When was the last time you gave the ‘about’ page on your website some attention?
It’s one of those things that all too often is treated as a ‘set and forget’ that’s put together hastily when the website is created, and then pretty much forgotten about.
Considering that from a new visitor’s perspective, it is one of the most essential pages on your site, it really should deserve some attention from you.
If your ‘about’ page (like many) is crammed with your life story and comprises a detailed history of your entire world, then chances are you are putting potential customers off.
If you want to improve your ‘about’ page, here are six simple things you can do:
- Start with a benefit-driven headline
- Choose images that stand out and really ‘pop’
- Use a friendly and chatty tone of voice
- Make it less about you, and more about your customers and how you can help them
- Make it easy to read. Use short sentences and paragraphs, and use lots of white space so visitors aren’t met with a wall of text
- Finish it off with an irresistible call to action.
Take an honest look at your ‘about’ page and see if yours falls into the majority that could benefit from possibly even all six of the above tips.
Give it a go today.